pitchstorm is a party game that puts you in the position of an unprepared writer pitching movies to the world's worst executives. writers have to pitch their movie idea, and figure out a way to incorporate the random notes thrown by the executives on the spot.
how to play
- each of the rivaling writers has to draw 3 character cards OR 3 plot cards. then he or she has to draw from the opposite deck, and choose which card from his hand can work best for the other half. maybe the grumpy old man character is the one who makes contact with dangerous aliens? the writer will then have to pitch to the studio exec how the movie goes within the time limit!
- the executive picks three note cards at the start without revealing to the writers. while the character and plot cards may be fun to pitch a story for, the executive notes are sure to make things more interesting. or awesome. or absolutely ridiculous. or so ridiculous, they’re awesome. the exec team/player decides which movie is hitting the big screen and earning a point; the true masterpiece despite (or due to) the curveballs! the one with the most points wins.
- ages 8+
- 6-12 players (pair up if more than 12)
- 7.87 x 11.81 x 11.81"
- 500 cards: characters, plots, and notes
- includes a small set of blank cards so that you can write your own terrible movie ideas
one size fits sizes 0-10 comfortably